Cowhides are very easy to conserve.
Here are some advices about cleaning and care for the cowhides:
- Vacuum or brush the cowhide rug or cushions regularly to remove dust and dry small particles of dirt.
- Please be sure to do not get the cowhides wet or damp.
- Do not soak the cowhide or put into the washing machine.
- For minor spills immediately soak up excess liquid with a paper towel or sponge, then wipe with a damp (but not wet) sponge or cloth using a mild, soapy solution.
- For mayor cleaning, you can steam clean your cowhide as long as you do not soak the leather backing.
You can also check this amazing article "How to Clean a Cowhide Rug"